Texas GOP Rep. Chip Roy endorses DeSantis for president
DeSantis is a possible rival for President Donald Trump in the upcoming Republican primary
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Texas GOP Rep. Chip Roy on Wednesday endorsed Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis for president.
"The next president of the United States must be a vibrant and energetic leader with the faith, vision and courage to chart a new course," Roy tweeted. "That leader is Florida Governor Ron DeSantis."
DeSantis has not declared a candidacy to seek the 2024 GOP presidential nomination but is widely considered the top rival to former President Trump in his reelection bid.
Roy argues DeSantis has made Florida "stronger and freer" and praised the governor for sending illegal migrants this past fall to liberal-enclave Martha's Vineyard, in Massachusetts, to point out record migration to the U.S. is a national, not local, issue.
"It's time for younger, but proven, leadership to offer America eight years of solid transformational change," Roy also said in his tweet. "It's time for Ron DeSantis to be president of the United States."
Just News, No Noise
- Catholic archbishop at Russophile meeting warns Soros, Gates, Schwab plotting global 'coup d'etat'
- 'Six smoking guns': Why doctor-turned-US-senator believes COVID-19 came from Wuhan lab
- Manhattan DA's Trump case rests on shaky legal, ethical ground, experts say
- Alaska lawmakers back Willow Project amid legal challenge and protests
- Democrat in Louisiana Legislature switches to GOP, giving Republicans a supermajority