Texas GOP Rep. Chip Roy endorses DeSantis for president
DeSantis is a possible rival for President Donald Trump in the upcoming Republican primary
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Texas GOP Rep. Chip Roy on Wednesday endorsed Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis for president.
"The next president of the United States must be a vibrant and energetic leader with the faith, vision and courage to chart a new course," Roy tweeted. "That leader is Florida Governor Ron DeSantis."
DeSantis has not declared a candidacy to seek the 2024 GOP presidential nomination but is widely considered the top rival to former President Trump in his reelection bid.
Roy argues DeSantis has made Florida "stronger and freer" and praised the governor for sending illegal migrants this past fall to liberal-enclave Martha's Vineyard, in Massachusetts, to point out record migration to the U.S. is a national, not local, issue.
"It's time for younger, but proven, leadership to offer America eight years of solid transformational change," Roy also said in his tweet. "It's time for Ron DeSantis to be president of the United States."
Just News, No Noise
- In prison tweets, Avenatti warns unseen evidence may benefit Trump in Bragg case
- Appeals court blocks Biden vaccine mandate for government workers
- Effort to squash Biden family stories long predated Hunter laptop, newly released emails reveal
- Cohen attorney letter to FEC appears to undercut DA Bragg's Trump case
- Confronted with data from Just the News, Blinken concedes concern about China bioweapons program