Trump endorses Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson for possible reelection bid
"He has no idea how popular he is. Run, Ron, Run!" former President Trump said about Johnson.
Former President Trump on Thursday endorsed Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson should he run again in 2022.
"Even though he has not yet announced that he is running, and I certainly hope he does, I am giving my Complete and Total Endorsement to Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin," Trump said in a statement.
Johnson, elected in the Senate in 2010, has been an ardent Trump supporter since he was re-elected in 2016.
"He is brave, he is bold, he loves our Country, our Military, and our Vets," Trump also said in the statement."He has no idea how popular he is. Run, Ron, Run!"
Democrats want Johnson to run because they think he beatable, in large part because of his support for Trump in a state the former president loss last year after winning it in 2016.
"My hope is that Ron Johnson runs and loses so spectacularly that Republicans rethink the extreme, fear-mongering, conspiracy-minded style of politics that has so scarred the country for the last four years," Wisconsin Democratic Party Chairman Ben Wikler recently said.
News, Not Noise
- Labor leader: Union workers buying new cars, 'remodeling their homes' after Biden pension bailout
- CDC says out of 5,800 fully vaccinated Americans who have gotten COVID-19, 74 died
- Fauci admits Biden administration is flouting CDC guidance in border facilities
- Biggs proposes constitutional amendment establishing that Supreme Court should have nine justices
- Latest New York Times story to crumble follows long history of journalism failures