Trump leading both Biden, Sanders in Florida, says new poll
Approval rating reaches 54% in Sunshine State
March 17, 2020 - 11:28am
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
According to a new Univision poll, President Donald Trump is currently leading both Senator Bernie Sanders and Vice President Joe Biden in a general election match up in Florida.
Despite fears over the coronavirus outbreak, Floridians will head to the polls today to vote in the Democratic primary, which Biden is expected to win by a landslide. The same poll shows 63% of those polled support Biden in a match-up with Bernie, while only 25% favor Sanders.
Both Democratic candidates fall short of defeating President Trump, who became a Florida resident last year. Matched against Biden, Trump received 48% voter support, compared to Biden’s 45%.
Against Sanders, Trump polled at 49%, while Sanders earned 42% of voter support.
The poll shows the president has a 54% approval rating in the Sunshine State, and a 46% unfavorable rating.
News, Not Noise
- President Trump: 'I have a chance to break the deep state'
- Study: A majority of the population may have 'some degree' of preexisting immunity to COVID-19
- CDC: Coronavirus fatality rate could be as low as 0.26%
- While contemplating mandatory mask order, Virginia governor caught without one on beach
- Judge overseeing Flynn case has hired a lawyer to defend his decision not to drop it