Dow jumps 900 points on Monday morning
Markets rally after week of sell-offs
April 6, 2020 - 9:38am
The Dow leapt 920 points as U.S. markets opened on Monday morning. The S&P 500 rose 3.86%.
The market's gains are attributed to steadily decreasing death rates across Europe, and the beginning of what could be hospital stabilizations in New York, where the novel coronavirus has taken a particularly deadly toll.
Oil prices dipped slightly on Monday, despite reports that Russia and Saudi Arabia are close to closing a deal to end the price war that has caused a 55% decrease in oil barrel prices over the last month.
News, Not Noise
- The FBI documents that put Barack Obama in the ‘Obamagate’ narrative
- Beating up the numbers: The loose definition and inflated tally of COVID-19 deaths
- Mnuchin: Coronavirus direct deposits payments coming 'within two weeks'
- McCarthy pulls endorsement of Republican House candidate for offensive social media posts
- CDC: Coronavirus fatality rate could be as low as 0.26%