Billionaire financier Thomas H. Lee dead by apparent suicide: Report
Lee, 78, was pronounced dead by EMTs who arrived on the scene after police responded to a 911 call.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Authorities discovered billionaire investor Thomas H. Lee dead in his New York City office on Thursday, the New York Post reported, citing police sources.
Lee, 78, was pronounced dead by EMTs who arrived on the scene after police responded to a 911 call. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has yet to announce the official cause of death.
The finance mogul led the eponymously-named Thomas H. Lee Capital, LLC.
Michael Sitrick, a spokesperson for the family, delivered their statement, saying "[t]he family is extremely saddened by Tom's death," per PRNewswire.
"While the world knew him as one of the pioneers in the private equity business and a successful businessman, we knew him as a devoted husband, father, grandfather, sibling, friend and philanthropist who always put others' needs before his own," the family lamented. "Our hearts are broken. We ask that our privacy be respected and that we be allowed to grieve."
Ben Whedon is an editor and reporter for Just the News. Follow him on Twitter.
Just News, No Noise
- Congress probing if FBI used ‘Russian disinformation’ claim to shut down Biden inquiries
- NRA exec, Trump donor says daughter and granddaughter died in plane crash that sparked DC sonic boom
- Comer to hold Wray in contempt, says FBI still investigating Biden bribery claim 3 years later
- Crisis of confidence in U.S. Marine Corps as Biden nominates new commandant
- Fight against DEI in schools picks up steam nationwide