Erasing Trump: Biden even scrapping Warp Speed name for vaccine program
The project's new name has not yet been announced.
When Joe Biden is sworn in as president at noon on Tuesday, the U.S. project to develop a coronavirus vaccine no longer will be called Operation Warp Speed, two government officials confirmed.
The project's new name has not yet been announced, said the officials, who noted that the renamed project also will have new leaders.
"The Biden team wants to purge every possible vestige of anything connected to President Trump," one official told Just the News. "That includes wiping out the name of an outstanding program."
The officials' comments confirm a series of tweets last week from incoming Biden administration press secretary Jen Psaki.
"OWS is the Trump team's name for their program," Psaki wrote. "We are phasing in a new structure, which will have a different name than OWS." Psaki did not reveal the name for the Biden program, but wrote that there was an "urgent need to address the failures of the Trump team approach to vaccine distribution."
Trump on Tuesday awarded Presidential Commendations to more than 50 people in recognition for their "exceptional efforts" on Operation Warp Speed. They included Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley, outgoing Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, Dr. Deborah Birx, and Dr. Anthony Fauci.
News, Not Noise
- Ex-FBI boss has 'grave concern' FISA court was 'defrauded intentionally' in Russia probe
- FBI's cozy relations with reporters often backfired, ending with inaccurate scandal stories
- The Biden Cabinet nominee who can't seem to get her math straight
- Scientists observe ‘first known space hurricane’ raining electrons down on Earth
- Mississippi judge orders new election after finding 79% of absentee ballots invalid