Lookback: 40% of voters today say Obama admin had scandals, 34% say it was 'largely scandal-free'
63% of Democrats believe the Obama Administration was largely scandal-free. That view is shared by just 25% of Independent voters and 9% of Republicans.
June 4, 2020 - 10:22am
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
As Joe Biden appears poised to official gain the Democratic presidential nomination, 40% of voters today say the Obama administration, in which Biden was the vice president, had at least one major scandal, 34% say it was 'largely scandal-free' according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.
Biden was a visible presence within the Obama White House, and today 63% of Democrats believe the Obama administration was largely scandal-free. That view is shared by just 25% of Independent voters and 9% of Republicans.
Among all voters, 34% see no scandals during the Obama era.
The poll was taken amid recently released, declassified documents that suggest that members of the administration were part an aggressive effort to monitor the incoming Trump administration over concerns the campaign had colluded with Russia.
Rasmussen noted that "There is a related racial divide on this question. 50% of black voters believe Obama’s term was scandal-free. Thirty-eight percent (38%) of Hispanic voters agree, along with 31% of white voters."
Among Republicans, 43% believe the Trump-Russia collusion probe was the biggest scandal.
Just the News Daily Poll respondents were asked “Which of the following was the biggest scandal of the Obama Administration?" They replied as below:
- 34% None, the Obama Administration was largely scandal-free
- 23% The so-called "Trump-Russia" collusion probe
- 10% IRS targeting of conservative political groups
- 7% The Fast and Furious program
- 27% Not Sure
The national survey of 1,200 registered voters was conducted May 28-30, 2020 by Rasmussen, a polling veteran. Margin of sampling error: +/- 2.8% for full sample.
To see the full demographic cross-tabulations for this polling question, click below:
To see the methodology and sample demographics for this polling question, click below:
News, Not Noise
- Vindicated? Trump-touted COVID-19 drug hydroxychloroquine works, according to new study
- House Democrat Schiff had intel back in February of Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers: report
- Congresswoman on reparations: It's America's 'responsibility to pay her debt' for slavery
- Major Pizza Hut, Wendy's franchisee files for bankruptcy
- New York county officials threaten to fine and subpoena people who won't speak with contact tracers