Mitch McConnell voted most unpopular senator: poll
The most popular U.S. senator is South Dakota Republican John Thune.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., is America's most unpopular senator, according to a Morning Consult poll released Monday.
Just one-third of Kentuckians, 33%, approve of McConnell's job performance, while 60% disapprove.
The most popular U.S. senator is South Dakota Republican Sen. John Thune, who has a 62% approval rating with a 28% disapproval rating, the poll showed.
Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., showed the largest approval increase, despite facing harsh criticism from fellow Democrats over his moderate views.
In the first quarter of 2021, just 40% of West Virginia voters approved of Manchin. One year later, 57% approved of his performance, including 69% of Republicans.
News, not Noise
- Biden to allow some migrants with terrorist ties into country, raising security concerns
- Trump most popular US politician: poll
- California bans state-funded travel to Arizona, Utah and other states over policy differences
- Trump's July Fourth message: 'I know it’s not looking good' but 'best is yet to come'
- North Carolina redistricting case allows justices to decide who has power to dictate election rules