Congressional races mirror presidential contest, with Democrats having single-digit poll leads
Democratic candidates have 5-point lead over Republicans among likely voters.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
- Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen
- Click here to see this poll question's cross-demographic tabulations
- Click here to see this poll question's methodology and sample demographics
Democratic congressional candidates are maintaining a 5-percentage-point advantage over Republican candidates nationwide, according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.
Among likely voters, 48% said they would choose the Democrat running in their district over the Republican alternative, while 43% percent said they'd opt for the GOP pick.
The remaining 9% of respondents were either unsure or were opting for a third-party candidate.
Rasmussen pointed out that Democrats' 5-point advantage is slightly less than the eight-point lead Joe Biden is holding over President Trump.
"Particularly noteworthy are the results from the suburbs," Rasmussen continued. "Trump trails Biden by 9 points in the suburbs. However, on the Generic Ballot, Republicans trail by just 2. There is no such difference between rural voters or urban voters."
"Also of interest is the fact that Republicans do a net six points better among nen in the Generic Ballot than they do on the presidential question," he also said. "There is only a 2-point gap among women."
The survey of 1,240 Likely Voters was conducted by Rasmussen using a mixed mode approach from October 8-10, 2020.
News, Not Noise
- Health officials less confident in COVID vaccine efficacy with rise of Delta variant
- CDC justified new mask guidance based on vaccine study listed as failing peer review
- Black leaders cite wide gap between Washington solutions, what middle class black voters want
- Legal effort targets Minnesota government promotion of critical race theory, Black Lives Matter
- MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell says he's pulling ads from Fox News following disagreement