Israeli Minister of Defense says there's evidence multiple UNRWA staff played role in Oct. 7 attack
"UNRWA is a group of terrorists who receive salaries from many countries," Gallant told Fox News Digital.
Israeli Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant said the country has evidence that proves multiple staff working at the United Nations Relief and Works Agency were involved in carrying out the Oct. 7 terrorist attack by Hamas on Israel.
According to a report from Fox News Digital, Gallant said that "dozens" of UNRWA staff were involved in the Hamas-led massacre which killed 1,200 people.
While he didn't give a specific number, he said it was more than the 12 employees that were previously accused of participating in the attack.
Gallant referred to the UNRWA as "Hamas with a facelift." He told Fox News Digital that it needed to be dismantled and there had to be a better way to get aid to civilians in the Gaza Strip.
"I think the world needs to wake up and address this issue in a different way, while also addressing Gaza’s needs," he told the outlet. "UNRWA is a group of terrorists who receive salaries from many countries – these countries gave money to people who raped, murdered and took people into captivity."
Over 100 people are still being held captive by Hamas following the attack last year.
Last month, Israel initially accused 12 U.N. Relief and Works Agency staffers of participating in the Oct. 7 massacre.
In response, multiple countries, including the United States, cut funding to UNRWA, at least temporarily.