Amazon buys MGM for $8.45 billion
Characters like James Bond and Rocky are now owned by Amazon.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Amazon announced Wednesday that the company has reached a deal to buy MGM Holdings for $8.45 billion.
The deal is Amazon's second biggest, following the company's $13.7 billion purchase of the Whole Foods grocery chain in 2017.
"The real financial value behind this deal is the treasure trove of [intellectual property] in the deep catalog that we plan to reimagine and develop together with MGM's talented team," said Mike Hopkins, head of Prime Video and Amazon Studios Mike Hopkins, according to CNN.
Some of those brands include James Bond and Rocky.
News, Not Noise
- Georgia investigator's notes reveal 'massive' election integrity problems in Atlanta
- Over 7,000 affidavits delivered to Michigan lawmakers claim election fraud
- Georgia audit documents expose significant election failures in state's largest county
- GOP lawmakers to Biden: 'We write to you today to express concern with your current cognitive state'
- Pelosi says GOP wants people 'in cars, on the road, using gas,' Dems want more mass transit