Mastermind behind COVID meal fraud claims Omar knew about scheme: NYP report

Aimee Bock, the founder of Feeding Our Future, was found guilty in March 2025 on charges including conspiracy, wire fraud and bribery for her role in a COVID-era fraud scheme in which prosecutors said nonprofit operators and restaurant owners submitted fraudulent reimbursement claims tied to children’s meal programs.

Published: May 17, 2026 6:59pm

A woman convicted in what prosecutors described as one of Minnesota’s largest pandemic-era fraud schemes now claims that Rep. Ilhan Omar had knowledge of the operation behind the alleged theft of $250 million in federal child nutrition funds.

Aimee Bock, the founder of Feeding Our Future, was found guilty in March 2025 on charges including conspiracy, wire fraud and bribery for her role in a COVID-era fraud scheme in which prosecutors said nonprofit operators and restaurant owners submitted fraudulent reimbursement claims tied to children’s meal programs.

Speaking by video call this week from Sherburne County Jail as she awaits sentencing, Bock told The New York Post that Omar was “in on” the operation.

Omar has previously denied any connection to the scheme. 


 

The Facts Inside Our Reporter's Notebook

Unlock unlimited access

  • No Ads Within Stories
  • No Autoplay Videos
  • VIP access to exclusive Just the News newsmaker events hosted by John Solomon and his team.
  • Support the investigative reporting and honest news presentation you've come to enjoy from Just the News.