You Vote: Should the Supreme Court overturn Roe v. Wade?
Leaked draft opinion indicates high court may reverse landmark decision.
A leaked Supreme Court draft opinion written by Justice Samuel Alito indicates the nation's highest court may vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 decision that established a constitutional right to an abortion.
The draft opinion, obtained and published by Politico on Monday night, was written in February and shows a majority of justices on the Supreme Court voted at the time to reverse Roe.
However, the draft doesn't necessarily represent the court's ultimate decision, which isn't expected to be finalized for at least another month.
Still, the leak gained national attention, with President Biden lambasting the draft opinion and saying he'll work with Congress "to adopt legislation that codifies Roe."
If Roe is overturned, determining abortion's legality will be left to individual states.
So, what do you make of all this? Here's your chance to weigh in:
News, not Noise
- Trump flexes his muscle again with primary wins, as Dr. Oz race ends as a cliffhanger
- Rep. Cawthorn loses North Carolina GOP House primary, concedes race
- Former inmate pleads guilty of using drones to smuggle drugs into prison
- Mastriano wins Pennsylvania GOP gubernatorial primary
- FBI agents, Neustar employee testify in Sussmann trial, more prosecution witnesses for Wednesday