Seattle police report second weekend shooting in CHOP zone
The first CHOP zone shooting over the weekend resulted in the death of male teen
June 22, 2020 - 3:56pm
A person was shot Sunday night inside of Seattle’s so-called “autonomous protest zone,” marking the second shooting over the weekend where protesters have established an encampment in the downtown in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death.
The Seattle Police Department says the incident occurred at about 11:25 p.m. and that a second shooting also could have occurred inside the area, otherwise known as the “CHOP" zone, short for the Capitol Hill Organized Protest zone.
On Saturday, a 19-year-old male was reportedly fatally shot inside the zone. First-responders reportedly had problems getting to the victim because of a violent crowd.
Floyd died May 25 while in Minneapolis police custody.
News, Not Noise
- Vindicated? Trump-touted COVID-19 drug hydroxychloroquine works, according to new study
- House Democrat Schiff had intel back in February of Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers: report
- Congresswoman on reparations: It's America's 'responsibility to pay her debt' for slavery
- Major Pizza Hut, Wendy's franchisee files for bankruptcy
- New York county officials threaten to fine and subpoena people who won't speak with contact tracers