U.S. cybersecurity officials warn of 'grave' threat from recent, worldwide hack
Hackers associated with Russia are believed to be behind the cyber attack
U.S. authorities on Thursday expressed growing concern about an attack into computer systems worldwide that they suspect was carried out by Russia.
The cybersecurity unit of the Department of Homeland Security said the hack “poses a grave risk to the Federal Government and state, local, tribal, and territorial governments as well as critical infrastructure entities and other private sector organizations,” according to the Associated Press.
On Sunday, the administration acknowledged that hackers backed by a foreign government have breached the departments of Commerce and Treasury.
News, Not Noise
- Health officials less confident in COVID vaccine efficacy with rise of Delta variant
- CDC justified new mask guidance based on vaccine study listed as failing peer review
- Black leaders cite wide gap between Washington solutions, what middle class black voters want
- Legal effort targets Minnesota government promotion of critical race theory, Black Lives Matter
- MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell says he's pulling ads from Fox News following disagreement