Texas GOP Governor Abbott signs bill banning abortions after six weeks
The bill will go into effect in September.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed a bill Wednesday that bans abortions after six weeks into a pregnancy.
"Our creator endowed us with the right to life, and yet millions of children lose their right to life every year because of abortion. In Texas, we work to save those lives," Abbott said during the signing ceremony Wednesday, according to The Hill.
The law will take effect in September and will also allow people to sue abortion providers if they suspect the provider is violating the new ban.
News, Not Noise
- Wisconsin Assembly Speaker names special counsel to expand probe of 2020 election
- Pelosi removes mask in violation of Capitol Police guidance
- House Democrats fail to get enough votes to extend COVID eviction ban
- Support for Speaker Pelosi's select Jan. 6 committee waning after first hearing, poll
- Cybersecurity? Democratic election officials claim that audited machines must be retired