Texas GOP Governor Abbott signs bill banning abortions after six weeks
The bill will go into effect in September.
Updated: May 19, 2021 - 1:35pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed a bill Wednesday that bans abortions after six weeks into a pregnancy.
"Our creator endowed us with the right to life, and yet millions of children lose their right to life every year because of abortion. In Texas, we work to save those lives," Abbott said during the signing ceremony Wednesday, according to The Hill.
The law will take effect in September and will also allow people to sue abortion providers if they suspect the provider is violating the new ban.
Just News, No Noise
- Lawmaker probing J6 security failures: 'People of interest’ may have withheld critical intel
- Doctored evidence? Democrat-led J6 panel added audio to silent security video for primetime hearings
- Recall of pro-Trump Republican National Committeeman for Oregon fails
- Watch: How Jan. 6 security footage was altered by Democrats to add provocative sound
- Texas governor says he wants to eliminate property taxes