Active shooter at Michigan hotel: police
Police are urging residents to avoid the area.
An active shooter is present at a hotel in Dearborn, Michigan, police said.
Michigan State Police Second District, which is assisting the Dearborn Police Department, said on Twitter that the situation at the Hampton Inn is "very active and dangerous."
Officials said there was an "active shooting scene" shortly before 2 p.m. local time. Troopers and police officers worked to clear the entire area around the hotel.
Police are urging residents to avoid the area at this time.
It is unclear who the suspected gunman is. Sources told the local Fox affiliate that one person is dead and police are negotiating with the suspect, who is barricaded inside the hotel.
Just News, No Noise
- Scientist who worked closely with the Wuhan lab says COVID was genetically engineered and leaked
- Justices puzzled by Colorado's argument for forcing Christian designer to make gay wedding websites
- Calls for investigations grow over Katie Hobbs' alleged use of Twitter censorship, 1A issues
- New Hampshire senators skipping WH event to protest Biden support for Dem primary changes
- Louisiana, Missouri AGs release 359-page Fauci deposition in social media collusion lawsuit