Cleveland Indians baseball team changes name to Guardians
The baseball club announced the team’s new name with a video highlighting the history of Cleveland.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Cleveland Indians professional baseball teams said Friday it has changed its name to the Guardians.
The baseball club announced the team’s new name with a video highlighting the history of Cleveland, as reported by local Fox 8 TV.
The team had been under pressure for years to change its name, amid criticism about it being offensive to Native Americans.
The National Football League team in Washington, D.C., recently changed its name from the Washington Redskins to the Washington Football Team, amid such calls for change.
News, not Noise
- FBI raid on Trump compound stands in stark contrast to Clinton treatment years earlier
- FBI raid approved by main Justice, focus is on classified document handling
- Exclusive: Ex-intel chief urged Trump to fire FBI Director Wray in 2020
- Arizona GOP gubernatorial nominee Kari Lake opposes busing migrants to liberal cities
- 'Banana Republic': Ron DeSantis denounces FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago