VP Harris gets backlash for tweet lauding Dr. Seuss, after books canceled for racist, hurtful images
"Happy birthday, Dr. Seuss!" Harris tweeted in 2017.
Vice President Kamala Harris is facing backlash for a past tweet wishing happy birthday to Dr. Seuss, after the company that publishes the beloved author's children's books stopped publishing six of them after concluding they included racist and hurtful imagery.
"Happy birthday, Dr. Seuss! 'The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go,'" Harris tweeted in 2017.
Media analyst Mark Dice on Tuesday called Harris hypocritical, while Washington Times columnist Tim Young and Washington Examiner columnist Siraj Hashmi replied with pictures poking fun at the vice president for her tweet.
The company that publishes the book, Dr. Seuss Enterprises, also manages other parts of the author's legacy.
Just News, No Noise
- Scientist who worked closely with the Wuhan lab says COVID was genetically engineered and leaked
- Democrats push to lower voting age to 16
- Hunter Biden confronted about laptop after release of the 'Twitter Files'
- Catholic Bishop calls Hillary Clinton evil for comparing pro-lifers to the Taliban
- Trump calls for ‘termination’ of election rules in Constitution after release of the Twitter files