Pope Francis calls gender ideology 'extremely dangerous'
"Gender ideology, at this time, is one of the most dangerous ideological colonizations. It goes beyond the sexual," Francis warned.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Pope Francis says the idea of gender ideology is "extremely dangerous" because it blurs the differences between men and women.
There is no clear definition of "gender ideology," but it essentially argues the differences between men and women are social and cultural constructs – not biological or natural differences.
"There are somewhat naive people who believe that [gender ideology] is the path of progress," Francis said in an interview with Argentinian outlet La Nacion published Friday.
He also said the ideology is "extremely dangerous because it annuls differences, and that it annuls humanity."
"I always distinguish between what pastoral care is for people who have a different sexual orientation and what gender ideology is. They are two different things," also said Francis, who as Pope is known for his more progressive stances.
In addition, he warned: "Gender ideology, at this time, is one of the most dangerous ideological colonizations. It goes beyond the sexual. Why is it dangerous? Because it dilutes differences, and the richness of men and women and of all humanity is the tension of differences. ... The question of gender is diluting the differences and creating an equal world."
Just News, No Noise
- Memos from 2018-19 shake up Trump case: Cohen denied having incriminating evidence on hush money
- Judge impressed by evidence of Biden administration coercion in social media censorship case
- Trump grand jury hearing canceled ahead of possible indictment: reports
- John Solomon sues DOJ, National Archives over access to declassified Trump-Russia probe memos
- Biden blames MAGA Republicans for bill reversing ESG rule that received votes from Democrats