Andrew Cuomo questions FBI's raid on Trump's Mar-a-Lago: 'DOJ must immediately explain'
Cuomo said a lack of transparency would discredit the work of the Jan. 6 committee
Former New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday questioned the FBI's raid of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate.
Cuomo wrote on Twitter that the Department of Justice "must immediately explain the reason for its raid & it must be more than a search for inconsequential archives or it will be viewed as a political tactic and undermine any future credible investigation & legitimacy of January 6 investigations."
Cuomo followed up by saying a lack of transparency would discredit the work of the Jan. 6 committee investigating the Capitol riot.
"[The] DOJ must disclose the bona fide nature of the August 8 action or else the republicans will use it to Discredit the Jan 6 investigation, which would be a terrible disservice to the good work of the house committee in exposing The Trump administration violations," he added.
Cuomo was forced to resign from his position as governor last year following sexual harassment allegations. He previously clashed with Trump, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Just News, No Noise
- Nearly 10,000 photos from Hunter Biden's laptop published online
- FBI chief Wray rolls dice with Congress over contempt, then jets to Las Vegas
- Biden falls on stage at U.S. Air Force Academy graduation
- Senate votes 52-46 to overturn Biden's student debt relief program
- National Archives refuse to release emails between Hunter Biden, father's staff