Sales for Trump's coffee table book hit 100,000, far outselling new book out by Chris Christie
The former president's book of photos sold more than 70,000 copies in its first week, compared to less than 3,000 for disaffected former adviser and N.J. governor.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Fans of former President Donald Trump have bought over 70,000 copies of his new coffee table book, "Our Journey Together," in its first week on sale. The book's publisher expects it will have sold 100,000 copies by the end of the week.
The sales of the light "read" by the former president dwarf sales of former Trump adviser and New Jersey GOP Gov. Chris Christie's new book, a more substantive account of the Trump administration and the future of the Republican Party. Christie's book reportedly sold 2,289 copies in its first week, prompting the former president call the sales "paltry."
Trump's book was published by Winning Team Publishing, a firm founded by Donald Trump Jr. and Trump family adviser Sergio Gor.
"I think it would easily qualify to be a New York Times No. 1 bestseller," Trump's son told the Washington Examiner. "And we're doing it ourselves, taking on a big old industry. It's been pretty awesome."
Said Gor: "There isn't anyone like President Donald Trump. The demand we have seen for his book has surpassed all expectations. We expect to sell out of the first print run — 100,000 copies by tomorrow! An incredible success!"
The book is priced at $74.99 and $229.99 for signed copies.
Just News, No Noise
- IRS whistleblower provides Congress origins of Biden probe, evidence of political interference
- Arizona judge denies sanctions against Kari Lake and her legal team
- Biden, McCarthy strike tentative deal to slow spending and raise debt limit
- Texas House votes to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton
- Appeals court reinstates religious challenge to COVID vaccine mandate for healthcare workers