Alaska Rep. Don Young, the oldest member of congress, has tested positive for COVID-19
Young is the state's only congressman in the U.S. House of Representatives
Rep. Don Young, the oldest member of Congress and Alaska's only congressman in the U.S. House of Representatives, has announced that he tested positive for COVID-19.
"I have tested positive for COVID-19," the Republican congressman tweeted on Thursday. "I am feeling strong, following proper protocols, working from home in Alaska, and ask for privacy at this time. May God Bless Alaska."
Young, 87, has represented the state of Alaska for more than four decades.
There have been more than 10.5 million COVID-19 cases so far in the U.S. and more than 242,000 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.
News, Not Noise
- FBI feared foreign power was targeting money to Clinton before 2016 campaign, memos show
- Were Pelosi, McConnell warned of potential violence before Capitol riot? Offices remain mum
- Trump to lead national election integrity drive as first post-presidential move, says adviser
- Man who admits hitting police with bat in Capitol riot reportedly said, 'I'm not here for Trump'
- Federal judge blocks Obamacare mandate that compels doctors to perform gender reassignment surgery