Alaska Rep. Don Young, the oldest member of congress, has tested positive for COVID-19
Young is the state's only congressman in the U.S. House of Representatives
Rep. Don Young, the oldest member of Congress and Alaska's only congressman in the U.S. House of Representatives, has announced that he tested positive for COVID-19.
"I have tested positive for COVID-19," the Republican congressman tweeted on Thursday. "I am feeling strong, following proper protocols, working from home in Alaska, and ask for privacy at this time. May God Bless Alaska."
Young, 87, has represented the state of Alaska for more than four decades.
There have been more than 10.5 million COVID-19 cases so far in the U.S. and more than 242,000 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.
News, Not Noise
- WHO probe into COVID origins taps scientist who funneled NIH grants to suspect Wuhan lab
- Declassified memos detail effort to get McCabe to step aside in Russia probe over conflict
- Kremlin says U.S. interfered in Russian affairs by condemning harsh tactics over Navalny protests
- Sidney Powell announces forming of 'Restore the Republic PAC'
- Supreme Court dismisses suits against Trump alleging he illegally accepted foreign gifts