Moderna says it will file Monday for emergency approval of its coronavirus vaccine
The company is just one of three that has a vaccine on the verge of federal approval that could lead to vaccinations in the U.S. in the coming weeks or months.
Moderna said Monday that the biotechnology company will file for emergency approval of its coronavirus vaccine. The company says its vaccine has shown 94% effectiveness in late-stage clinical trials.
The company is just one of three that has a vaccine that has recently shown at least 90% effectiveness.
American pharmaceutical company Pfizer and German firm BioTech are also seeking FDA approval that could come as early as next month. Astra Zeneca recently said its vaccine was 90% effective in recent clinical trials.
News, Not Noise
- Bombshell revelations as Trump declassifies all FBI documents in Russia probe
- Trump declassifying trove of FBI memos exposing Steele's motivations, ties to impeachment witness
- Poll: Strong majority of GOP voters see themselves as Republicans instead of 'MAGA Nation'
- President Trump in statement: 'I will always be committed to stopping the endless wars'
- Liberal activist arrested, charged with participating in Capitol riot