Pelosi blocking COVID-19 origins investigation with 'Soviet-style cover-up': Scalise
Democrats 'are covering for China,' the House Republican whip charged.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
House Minority Whip Steve Scalise is charging that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is standing in the way of a full investigation into the origins of COVID-19 in China.
"Pelosi won't do it," the Louisiana lawmaker said Friday. "When we're in the majority we will do it, and we will hold China accountable. They are covering for China right now. It's a Soviet-style cover-up. We're going to keep calling them out on it."
When asked for comment on Scalise’s remarks, Pelosi's office referred Just the News to the House Intelligence Committee, which is conducting an investigation into the origins of COVID.
News, Not Noise
- Dakota Gov. Noem responds to criticism she backs job vaccination mandates, says banned 'passports'
- Trump owed $1 million in tax refund by Chicago, but state's attorney seeks to block refund
- Manchin plays spoiler to liberals once again, won't budge on filibuster
- Belarusian Olympic sprinter refuses to board flight from Tokyo, will not return to her home country
- Florida, Texas lead states' rights resistance against Big Tech and Big Government