Pelosi blocking COVID-19 origins investigation with 'Soviet-style cover-up': Scalise
Democrats 'are covering for China,' the House Republican whip charged.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
House Minority Whip Steve Scalise is charging that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is standing in the way of a full investigation into the origins of COVID-19 in China.
"Pelosi won't do it," the Louisiana lawmaker said Friday. "When we're in the majority we will do it, and we will hold China accountable. They are covering for China right now. It's a Soviet-style cover-up. We're going to keep calling them out on it."
When asked for comment on Scalise’s remarks, Pelosi's office referred Just the News to the House Intelligence Committee, which is conducting an investigation into the origins of COVID.
News, not Noise
- NIH changes story, confirms it funded Wuhan experiment that made bat coronavirus more dangerous
- Trump announces formation of own media company, social platform to counter censorship
- After enduring years of media antagonism, Trump seeks to disrupt industry with his own platform
- Mark Meadows: Pelosi asked about 'lunch' for Congress members during Jan. 6 Capitol riot
- Arizona sees flood of police applications as Washington vaccine mandate begins