Pelosi blocking COVID-19 origins investigation with 'Soviet-style cover-up': Scalise
Democrats 'are covering for China,' the House Republican whip charged.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
House Minority Whip Steve Scalise is charging that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is standing in the way of a full investigation into the origins of COVID-19 in China.
"Pelosi won't do it," the Louisiana lawmaker said Friday. "When we're in the majority we will do it, and we will hold China accountable. They are covering for China right now. It's a Soviet-style cover-up. We're going to keep calling them out on it."
When asked for comment on Scalise’s remarks, Pelosi's office referred Just the News to the House Intelligence Committee, which is conducting an investigation into the origins of COVID.
Just News, No Noise
- Federal appeals court rules DACA is illegal, dealing major blow to liberals
- Trump calls for return to paper ballots, end of no-excuses mail-in voting
- Crime boomerangs on Democrat as New Mexico governor pleads with feds for more law enforcement
- Rancher gets more than a decade in prison for falsely selling $244 million worth of 'ghost cattle'
- China launches police station in New York City: report