Trump to make major announcement Sunday night on coronavirus treatment
Announcement involves therapeutic treatment and comes after Trump prodded FDA to pick up the pace.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
After prodding medical regulators to pick up their pace, President Trump will announce Sunday evening a major therapeutic breakthrough for treating COVID-19, the White House says.
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany tweeted the development late Saturday night.
"News conference with President @realDonaldTrump at 6 pm tomorrow concerning a major therapeutic breakthrough on the China Virus. Secretary Azar and Dr. Hahn will be in attendance," McEnany wrote.
The planned announcement comes after the president pressed the Food and Drug Administration to pick up the pace, even suggesting some bureaucrats were delaying good news until after the general election.
"The deep state, or whoever, over at the FDA is making it very difficult for drug companies to get people in order to test the vaccines and therapeutics," Trump tweeted earlier Saturday. "Obviously, they are hoping to delay the answer until after November 3rd. Must focus on speed, and saving lives!"
News, Not Noise
- Rudy Giuliani files police report on purported Hunter Biden laptop, alleging child endangerment
- Biden finally breaks silence on son Hunter's laptop
- Two huge new developments emerge in Hunter Biden laptop saga
- Breaking with media polls, Trump debate strategy to pummel Biden on corruption
- Republican senators propose constitutional amendment to keep number of Supreme Court justices at 9