Trump campaign slams Biden for fundraiser featuring Mueller deputy Weissmann
'It doesn't get any swampier than this,' a Trump campaign spokesperson said.
May 22, 2020 - 12:14am
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Trump 2020 reelection campaign on Thursday slammed Democratic challenger Joe Biden's campaign for featuring Andrew Weissmann, Robert Mueller's deputy during the Russia probe, at an upcoming fundraiser.
"It's no surprise that a guy who tried to take down the president through the sham impeachment would also help Joe Biden's campaign," Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told Just the News. "It doesn't get any swampier than this: trying to stage a partisan coup against the president and then raising money for his political opponent."
Weissmann worked as a top prosecutor on Mueller's team during the investigation into alleged coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign. He also reportedly advised House Democrats with the impeachment case they brought against Trump.
The virtual fireside chat fundraiser that Weissmann is headlining is scheduled for June 2.
Weissmann did not respond to a request for comment before publication.
News, Not Noise
- Ex-Never Trumper Erick Erickson explains how he came to support Trump, what elites fear
- Twitter claims 'no evidence' of mail-in voter fraud despite numerous convictions since 2016
- Trump preparing executive order to address perceived bias at social media giants
- President Trump blasts Twitter after the platform disputed the accuracy of two of his tweets
- The FBI documents that put Barack Obama in the ‘Obamagate’ narrative