Trump supporters heckle Romney over plan not to contest electoral votes, chant 'traitor'
"Why aren’t you supporting President Trump? You’re not supporting him," a women appears to tell Romney at an airport terminal.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Utah GOP Sen. Mitt Romney was heckled Tuesday by President Trump supporters on his return trip to Capitol Hill for his plans to certify electoral votes for Democrat Joe Biden as the next president.
Romney was first confronted while sitting near at an airport terminal gate by a woman who appears to say on a video posted on Twitter, "Why aren’t you supporting President Trump? You’re not supporting him."
Romney, the only GOP senator to vote in favor of convicting Trump on one article of impeachment, responded that he supports Trump but is following the Constitution in certifying the Electoral College votes.
"You were voted in as a conservative to represent the conservative constituents. Period," the woman appears to shoot back.
After Romney, who says he didn’t vote for Trump in November, boarded his flight, a group of fellow passengers chanted "Traitor. Traitor. Traitor," another social media video post shows.
News, Not Noise
- Bombshell revelations as Trump declassifies all FBI documents in Russia probe
- Trump declassifying trove of FBI memos exposing Steele's motivations, ties to impeachment witness
- Poll: Strong majority of GOP voters see themselves as Republicans instead of 'MAGA Nation'
- President Trump in statement: 'I will always be committed to stopping the endless wars'
- Liberal activist arrested, charged with participating in Capitol riot