With fewer than 100 days before election, Trump's approval rating at 40%, down from 42% in June
The new Rasmussen poll show Trump's job approval rating has declined since April at 45%
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
President Trump's approval stands at 40 percent, according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.
"The president’s approval remains stuck at 40%," Rasmussen said. "Early in the year, he was in the mid-40s, but this lower level of support appears to be the norm since the killing of George Floyd."
Floyd died May 25 while in the custody of Minneapolis police. The incident has resulted in social justice protests across the country that continue. Trump has tried to show himself as a law-and-order president attempting to quell the associated violence and destruction. His use of federal forces in such efforts has results in some backlash, amid a spike in coronavirus cases that also has been a drag on his reelection bid.
Just the News Daily Poll respondents were asked "Do you approve or disapprove of the way President Trump is performing his job?" They responded as below:
- 25% Strongly Approve
- 15% Somewhat Approve
- 10% Somewhat Disapprove
- 47% Strongly Disapprove
- 3% Not Sure
The national survey of 1,200 registered voters was conducted July 23-25, 2020 by Rasmussen, a polling veteran. Margin of sampling error: +/- 2.8% for full sample.
To see the full demographic cross-tabulations for this polling question, click below:
To see the methodology and sample demographics for this polling question, click below:
News, Not Noise
- After 6 months without lockdown, Sweden's COVID-19 deaths, infections bottom out
- MSNBC producer quits, says job 'forces skilled journalists to make bad decisions'
- 'That's awful.' Lisa Page's FBI text on Black Live Matters conflicts with MSNBC's embrace
- No immunity: State judge who helped illegal alien escape to face rare trial
- When racial justice becomes lucrative: Al Sharpton's $1 million compensation