Southwest Airlines pilot caught ranting about San Francisco progressives: 'god---n liberal f---s'
The pilot was heard in the recording complaining about San Francisco residents while receiving directions from air traffic controllers.
A Southwest Airlines pilot's rant ridiculing San Francisco denizens as "goddamn liberal f---s" surfaced online this week, according to The Hill.
A Southwest spokesperson told the outlet that the company was "fully addressing the situation internally."
The pilot's comments were caught by the Mineta San Jose International Airport's air traffic control scanner during a flight on March 12 and were posted on Live ATC, which livestreams air traffic control audio transmissions.
The pilot was heard in the recording complaining about San Francisco residents while receiving directions from air traffic controllers regarding weather and runway conditions.
"F--- this place, goddamn liberal f---s," he said.
"F---ing weirdos, probably driving around in f---ing Hyundais, f---ing roads and sh-- that go slow as f---," he continued. "You don't have balls unless you're f---ing rolling coal, man, goddamn it."
Southwest said that this was an "isolated incident involving a single employee and not representative of the nearly 60,000 hardworking, respectful people of Southwest Airlines."
"Our corporate culture is built on a tenet of treating others with concern and dignity and the comments are inconsistent with the professional behavior and overall respect that we require from our employees," the statement continued.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesperson Ian Gregor said in a statement that "FAA regulations prohibit airline pilots from talking about subjects that are unrelated to safely conducting their flight while taxiing and while flying below 10,000 feet altitude."
News, not Noise
- Parents of alleged Michigan high school shooter return for arraignment, not on the run, attorneys
- Early lids, lighter duty: Biden schedule marked by fewer events, more getaways than predecessors
- 'Laptop from Hell' author: Biden lied about not knowing of 'Hunter's overseas business dealings'
- Too good to fact-check? Academic journal publishes hoax on conservative takeover of higher ed
- Outrageous tab: Minnesota school charges $901,000 for critical race theory records