Death toll in Thailand mass shooting now at 36, with dozens of preschoolers killed
The suspect killed 34 people, including his wife and child, before taking his own life, officials said.
The death toll in the mass shooting Thursday afternoon at a childcare facility in Thailand has reached 37, with 23 children reported dead, according to authorities.
The alleged shooter was reportedly a former police officer fired earlier this year in connection with drug charges. He allegedly also killed his wife and child at home before taking his own life, according to wire service reports.
About 30 children were at the daycare center when the alleged gunman, Panya Kamrap, entered at about lunchtime, officials said.
Also shot in the attack were four or five staff members, including an instructor who was eight months pregnant.
Thai media reports state the alleged attacker also used knives in the attack before fleeing the facility, according to The Associated Press.
Just News, No Noise
- Stanford president under investigation after school newspaper report about possible academic fraud
- As 71% in poll say Maricopa County issues tipped Senate race, judge sanctions Kari Lake lawyers
- Twitter docs released by Musk and journalist suggest Democrats could manipulate speech on platform
- Aide to New York attorney general resigns amid harassment claims of ‘inappropriate touching’
- FedEx driver kidnapped, murdered 7-year-old Texas girl: police