No. 2 House Republican Scalise leads GOP delegation to border, says Biden must 'stop the madness'
"These kids are pawns in his dangerous game," Scalise said of the unaccompanied minors being held in migrant facilities.
Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise, the House's No. 2 Republican, upon returning from the southwest U.S. border says the swift influx of illegal immigrants is "alarming" and that the thousands of unaccompanied minors now held in processing centers there as a result of Biden administration policies "has to stop."
"It was alarming just how quickly we saw large numbers of people coming across over 100 people already being held in a processing center," Scalise said in a YouTube video detailing his trip.
He toured the southern border with U.S. border patrol agents while they apprehended illegal immigrants coming into the country from across the Rio Grande River.
Scalise also toured the Donna, Texas, migrant holding facility, in which he says the overgrowing "underscores how egregious President Biden's policy is on these children."
He said a facility that is designed to hold no more than 250 people now has over 4,000 occupants – in a pandemic.
"These kids are pawns in his dangerous game," Scalise said. "It's gotta stop."
News, Not Noise
- Arizona Senate, Maricopa Co. mull next steps in standoff over routers subpoenaed in vote audit
- Minnesota school district adopts Black Lives Matter slogan as privileged 'government speech'
- Astronomers observe black hole 'spaghettification' of a star for the first time
- New NASA head pledges to shoot for Trump 2024 deadline of putting another man on the moon
- DNA, genealogy website lead to arrest in 26-year-old Texas murder case