No. 2 House Republican Scalise leads GOP delegation to border, says Biden must 'stop the madness'
"These kids are pawns in his dangerous game," Scalise said of the unaccompanied minors being held in migrant facilities.
Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise, the House's No. 2 Republican, upon returning from the southwest U.S. border says the swift influx of illegal immigrants is "alarming" and that the thousands of unaccompanied minors now held in processing centers there as a result of Biden administration policies "has to stop."
"It was alarming just how quickly we saw large numbers of people coming across over 100 people already being held in a processing center," Scalise said in a YouTube video detailing his trip.
He toured the southern border with U.S. border patrol agents while they apprehended illegal immigrants coming into the country from across the Rio Grande River.
Scalise also toured the Donna, Texas, migrant holding facility, in which he says the overgrowing "underscores how egregious President Biden's policy is on these children."
He said a facility that is designed to hold no more than 250 people now has over 4,000 occupants – in a pandemic.
"These kids are pawns in his dangerous game," Scalise said. "It's gotta stop."
Just News, No Noise
- Special master to give extended time to Justice Department to provide seized documents to Trump
- FBI whistleblower says SWAT teams being misused, J6 defendants' rights trampled
- Roughly 98% of people eligible to receive latest COVID booster have not received one
- Trump says that if he had to do it all over again, he still would run for president: Haberman book
- Nancy Pelosi booed at music festival in NYC