You Vote: Federal crackdown on Portland violence. Heavy handed or just right?
Should the federal law enforcement and troops be sent home or stand their ground? You decide.
Then Trump administration has dispatched federal forces to Portland, Ore., to help quell violence and rioting that has persisted for weeks.
But local leaders don't want them there.
"They are sharply escalating the situation," Mayor Ted Wheeler said Sunday. "...They're not wanted here. We haven't asked them here. In fact, we want them to leave."
Here's your chance to weigh in:
News, Not Noise
- After 6 months without lockdown, Sweden's COVID-19 deaths, infections bottom out
- MSNBC producer quits, says job 'forces skilled journalists to make bad decisions'
- 'That's awful.' Lisa Page's FBI text on Black Live Matters conflicts with MSNBC's embrace
- No immunity: State judge who helped illegal alien escape to face rare trial
- When racial justice becomes lucrative: Al Sharpton's $1 million compensation