Senator Paul says Dr. Anthony Fauci should 'be immediately fired'
"He's been lying to us since the very beginning," Paul said during an interview on The Water Cooler.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Sen. Rand Paul said Tuesday that National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci has repeatedly lied and should be fired.
Paul said on Just the News' "Water Cooler" show that Fauci lied to Congress when he said the National Institutes of Health did not fund gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
"He oughta be immediately fired," said Paul, who has repeatedly clashed with Fauci over numerous COVID-19 issues. "He's been lying to us since the very beginning. He first said no masks work, which wasn't true. Then he said all masks work and that wasn't true either. The N95 masks work, the rest of them don't. But he's been dishonest from the very beginning."
The Kentucky Republican Paul also said Fauci has lied "so-called with good intentions, noble lies, but he has been dishonest and he should be dismissed."
News, not Noise
- Judge in case of anti-Trump mudslinger is married to attorney for ex-FBI lawyer Lisa Page
- 'The numbers are skewed': Colorado officials warn of inflated COVID death statistics
- Palin says hasn't gotten COVID vaccine, has immunity after having contracted virus, per Fauci
- Authorities have found body matching description of missing Gabby Petito
- Trump takes apparent swipe at National Guard deployment for 'J6' rally amid border surge