Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson test positive for coronavirus
The two are currently in Australia
May 26, 2020 - 6:47pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Actor Tom Hanks on Wednesday announced that both he and his wife Rita Wilson have tested positive for the coronavirus.
In an Instagram post Hanks explained that he and his wife were feeling under the weather before they tested positive for the virus.
"Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive," the social media post explains.
He said that they will be monitored and isolated. Hanks also added that he will update the world about their condition going forward.
"Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires," he explained. "Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no? We’ll keep the world posted and updated. Take care of yourselves! Hanx!"
News, Not Noise
- COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S., according to the CDC
- Texas hospital CEO: COVID inpatient count 'misinterpreted,' level of alarm 'unwarranted'
- Liberals reserve tickets to Trump's New Hampshire rally to try making venue look empty
- Fauci omits context, feeds alarm with warning of 100,000 coronavirus infections a day
- Russian-born scholar: False allegations of affair with Flynn used as pretext for FBI probe