Truck driver arrested in Minneapolis after driving through protest on freeway
No one aside from the driver was injured in the incident
June 1, 2020 - 11:37am
A large tractor-trailer on Sunday evening drove onto a Minneapolis bridge full of protestors.
Aerial footage shows that when the driver started to speed up on the bridge, protestors caught up with the truck and pulled the driver out of the vehicle before the police arrived on the scene.
The truck driver, identified as Bogdan Vechirko, who was injured in incident, was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and is now under arrest.
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety said the driver of the truck was attempting to rile up the protestors. The department called Vechirko’s behavior “very disturbing.”
The freeway had been shut down for the second night in a row, as city officials impose an 8 p.m. curfew on the city, the goal being to make it more difficult for protestors to move around.
News, Not Noise
- Vindicated? Trump-touted COVID-19 drug hydroxychloroquine works, according to new study
- House Democrat Schiff had intel back in February of Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers: report
- Congresswoman on reparations: It's America's 'responsibility to pay her debt' for slavery
- Major Pizza Hut, Wendy's franchisee files for bankruptcy
- New York county officials threaten to fine and subpoena people who won't speak with contact tracers